Saturday, January 19, 2013

The Vessel 36 x 24 Oil on Canvas

I know this size is going to shock the majority of you.  It is the largest painting I have done since college.  I really enjoyed painting this painting.  The Vessel was made by a local potter at the Chastain Art Center. I took the picture of the painting last night on the wall.  It has been cloudy and rainy for more then a week and I tried to take pictures outside, inside with all kinds of lights, but I just couldn't get a great shot.  This is the best photo from the show.
Last night was the opening of the Best In Show at Anne Irwin Fine Art   This painting along with another large painting is hanging in the show.  I thought the show really looked good last night so if you have a chance you should go by and take a look.  The show will be up until Feb. 5th.  More paintings of this size to come!

No comments: