Thursday, April 4, 2013
Last fall someone gave me this wonderful Chinese calligraphy brush. I kept it on a table just waiting to figure out what kind of setup to paint with it as the main object. It all came together when I got the pottery made for me. I incorporated the way I paint my nests with the way I painted the brush hairs. It worked out and now I plan on doing another painting with brushes. One of these days I will paint the marsh landscape that I took a photo of this last summer. With that painting I plan to paint the grass with the same technique as the brush and nest so that it incorporates my style of painting.
On to the next brush painting that I have setup. Hopefully I will get it started this weekend.