Monday, November 19, 2012

Relaxing at Chastain Park 16 x 12 On Linen

I try to walk around Chastain Park as much as I can.  It is a 4 mile walk round trip.  For the current landscape show I went around to different parks and took photos.  I downloaded them and printed a few out and painted from them.  Plein air is much more fun.  The Murphey Candler painting that I posted a few weeks ago was done on location.  Unfortunately I didn't have time to ask anyone to go paint with me on location here or at Piedmont Park.  You should always have the buddy system when painting on location.  A few women have told me they paint alone and that is just not a safe thing.  I have had enough strange people come up to me when I am painting with a group.  Just like when you are scuba diving you always have a buddy!  Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

No comments: