Sunday, June 15, 2008

Sunflowers on panel 16 x 12


These Sunflowers were volunteers this year. I bought a packet of seeds this year, but didn't plant them until today. I decided today would be a great day to do some plein air painting. It was extremely hot so I had to paint quickly. A few years ago we had some volunteer sunflowers and I just loved them. I guess a chipmunk or bird dropped of the seeds last year. In front of the Sunflowers are Black-Eyed Susan's, but they haven't bloomed yet. The Gold Finches were not happy with me today when I was painting. After I finished they were flying around just waiting for their chance to eat the sunflowers. They have already eaten the first one that bloomed.

2 comments:

Helen Read said...

I love these! I've been in a sunflower thing this summer too! This painting is just beautiful :)

Christine Bray said...

Thank you so much for checking out my blog and your comment. I went to your site and love your sunflower paintings.