Friday, May 3, 2013

Lodging 12 x 12 Oil on Panel


I have been stalking a bird's nest at my mothers house.  The nest got disturbed and the next thing my mother found was 3 Robin's eggs on the ground.  They were broken, but I have them.  I looked into the nest and there was a Robin's egg, but also a speckled egg.  I told my mother to look in there and we couldn't figure out what happened.  I guess the Robin abandoned the nest and then squatters moved on in.  The next day I looked again and the Robin's egg had been kicked out and on the ground.  The speckled egg was there, but it was cold with no bird around.  Well I took both of them.  At least the nest is still there and I think either the squatters or the Robin will show up again.  I am hoping so.  Lucky for the birds I can't go over in the area because a rabbit has new bunnies in the pine straw in that area and I sure don't want to disturb that!

No comments: