Sunday, February 27, 2011

Brass Vase with Oranges and Grapes 14 x 18 on Panel


This set up came from the workshop last month. I didn't have time to complete the painting so I came home and finished it. When I got it outside I wasn't happy with the background so I gave it another coat or two. The whole painting has a certain glow about it. I really like how the fabric came out at the end. Being a textile designer and designing fabric and coloring it I avoid it when I am doing my oil paintings. I guess I get caught up in the exact repeat and the exact amount of colors that is really in the design. After taking the workshop I learned how to simplify it better and to make it appear like it is more intricate then it actually is in the painting. In the future I plan on using fabric in my paintings.

No comments: