Saturday, November 13, 2010

Italian Bottle With Turquoise Vase 16 x 20 on Panel


I have been wanting to paint this antique wine bottle that I purchased at Scott's Antique Market years ago. It has been sitting in the corner of the art room for a few years. Now I see these bottles in the Pottery Barn catalog and other places. They say the bottles are from Hungary in the catalog, and I think I was told mine was from Romania. Since I wasn't sure I just decided to say it was an Italian Bottle. Mine is a little worn with some of the wicker coming off, and I love the character of the bottle. In the picture since I use a blue filter on my camera the blue eggs and turquoise vase didn't show up with the richness in the actual painting. You can see this painting at The Anne Irwin Fine Art Small Works show starting this Friday, November 19th through December 31st. I will post about the show tomorrow.

No comments: